Thursday, July 24, 2014

Steampunk Planks


I saw a picture of a 3D wall art square frame and thought to myself, "I can make this!" and then I saw a scrappy friend had done one as well, so I drew my inspiration from Monica Longard, the magazine and the challenge board from SanDee and Amelie's steampunk challenge. 

First I cut cardboard into 4 planks and 2 smaller pieces that provide the support. I inked the edges with Archival brown ink.


Next, I cut out Bo Bunny paper to fit the planks and glued those straight to the cardboard and I inked the edges as well. TIP: Make a template that you can use, I found it to help out a lot! 

I went through my metal stash box and found all the gears I wanted to use. I applied washi tape to 2 gears and dry brushed those with gold Color Box pigment ink. I then put the gears where I wanted before gluing down (I always change my layouts until it feels right). After finding the right design I glued the gears down with E-6000, making sure that the gears looked like working gears. The black die cuts are from Cheery Lynn designs. I then added a metal belt piece and a flower I also dry brushed with the Color Box gold ink. 


This project will be entered into the following challenges:

I totally made this for the bonus challenge from SanDee and Amelie's steampunk challenge (HERE) and this moodboard


and also entered into the Retro Kraft Shop Challenge-Retromania 6 (HERE)


Thanks for reading and leaving your lovely comments. It brightens my day! Carpe Diem! ~€

6 comments:

  1. Fab work! I love the idea and the steampunk feel this has is just awesome!
    Thank you for playing along at SanDee&amelie's and Retro Kraft Shop! :)
    Hugs,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank ya! I love steampunk so both blogs are right up my alley! Thanks for checking out my art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I love learning and trying new ways to express my art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - so much fantastic stuff to look at! I LOVE your steampunk planks! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful art with us at SASPC (and thank you so much for the lovely comments too!).

    Hugs,
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia, you are very welcome! I really really like your blog so it is very easy to comment. Thanks for looking at my planks!

    ReplyDelete