Monday, September 1, 2014

Falling Leaves

Hello! I started this project with a mad hatter theme in mind but switched it up to Fall to fit with the theme for Mixed Media Mojo-Fall/paste, where I am a new Design Team member. Thrilled is not even close to how happy I am to be with this team! Enjoy!

First I use gesso on my 8x10 canvas, then painted small strips of blue to show the "sky" between the wood panels I applied. 

The wood panels were made out of chipboard. I used a Mod Podge stencil and made my texture paste a light brown color. I use homemade texture paste made from baby powder, white acrylic paint and Elmer's glue. I then added a layer of gesso over that, dried it and then used Archival brown ink to add some color. 

I cut out plenty of leaves with my Cuttlebug using a Momenta die from Hobby Lobby. The pumpkin was from the Dollar Tree, I just cut it in half and painted it with Silks Spiced Pumpkin. The original pumpkin is the bottom one. 

I found these amazing top hats and bought every last one they had (4 total, lol!) because I knew I could do lots with it. I cut the hat in half and sprayed the hat with Smooch Spritz copper (not a fan of their bottles-too messy but the color is wonderful) and added a red stitching design, a leaf, and a gold band to fill it out. 

Next comes the box holding the leaves. I purchased this with the top hats. I applied Distress Crackle paint in Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo to the box and added  the words "Leaves are Falling". I embossed the words with black glittery embossing powder and edged the orange paper with brown Archival ink. Adding the straw (Dollar Tree) put the finishing touch on this box. 

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments, it brightens my day! Carpe Diem!~€

I will be sharing this project with the following:

Rhedds Creative Spirit-Anything Goes. HERE

Artistic Stamper-Autumn Colors and use a rubber stamp HERE My stamp in Leaves are Falling that I embossed.

Inspiration Journal-Fall is in the Air HERE

Try It on Tuesdays-Use Your Stash HERE. I have had the leaf die cut in my stash but never thought I would use it. Thank goodness I had it and the orange construction paper is from an art class I took in High School, yes, I save everything art related and orange is not a favorite color for me. :)

Altered Eclectics-Anything Goes HERE








14 comments:

  1. This is amazing! LOVE it and thanks for sharing how you made it! So glad to have you on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more thank welcome and I know we will have an awesome time! Two thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your project. Very creative. Fall is my favorite time of year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you Ann! I am more than happy to share. Hopefully I can see something you create as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour and the "madness" of it too! Many thanks for joining the Rosie’s Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Melissa. That is a wonderful way to describe it with madness. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous - love it hun..Thank you for sharing with us Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you in future challenges
    Hugz Elaine aka Ellapu x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Elaine. Since I love anything altered I try to play with AE every month, although life sometimes gets in the way. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 3-D effect you've achieved in this piece. Thanks for linking up to Rhedd's Creative Spirit. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Arnoldo. It is 3-D and thankfully photographed 3-D. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love, love it! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Thanks Sammy. I try to add a little Steampunk to anything I create. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete