Sunday, June 29, 2014

Dark Paradise



Raj is my 15 year old Shepherd mix. She is my paradise. We have been through so much together, good and bad. She has been healthy for most of her life but now she has cancer. We have done 2 surgeries to take the cancer out but it came back. As a veterinary technician I know what surgery entails and what to expect after surgery but another surgery isn't an option anymore because she has 3 more tumors. I started chemo on her last week. Bless her heart! Hopefully the chemo works. We will know in a month. 


sprayed the entire canvas and some of the flowers with Maya Road Dragon Fruit Pink and added a harlequin stamp to some. Raj has been fearless throughout this disease so the metal words are more than appropriate.

I added some lace and an old belt at the top and bottom, then added lots of wood embellishments. The 15 stands for the age of my precious girl. The time glass is my way of thinking about the time she has been with me. I did emboss the flourishes (first time doing embossing) with black glitter embossing powder. 

TIP: when working with black, white and red make sure everything is DRY before layering or doing anything. I don't know how many times I got red on my white elements. Lol!

This design is entered into the following challenges:

Pixel and Papers June- This picture from the Pixel and Paper June challenge inspired me because of the person sitting alone on the bench. This reminds me of when I would take Raj to the park in the summer and throw her tennis ball for hours.  And the dark blacks and grays make me think about how I will one day have to go to the park without her. Check out the challenge HERE.

Craft Girls Challenge-Anything Goes (HERE)

Pinque Peacock-Anything Goes Challenge #6 (HERE)

Frilly and Funkie-Case It challenge. I chose the week #1 tag to "summerize". Check out the tag post HERE. The colors of this tag are what I wanted to change to summer. My dog Raj loves to play in the park when it is warm=summer!(HERE)

Thanks for reading and leaving your lovely comments. It brightens my day! Carpe Diem! ~€

20 comments:

  1. Nice layout!! Pretty dog!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! She is my baby girl that is for sure. I am excited to have found Crafty Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you and Raj are going through this - we come to love our animal companions so much and it is very hard on us when they are become sick. Your page is delightful and a very fitting tribute to her courage and dedication. Thank you for joining in with us on P&P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. You are so correct about our animals.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Jane. You have a delightful page and one that you will cherish for years to come. I hope the chemo works. Thank you for joining us at P & P. I hope we can see more of your art here. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do, I am excited to have found P and P and will definetly keep doing the challenges. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I love your layout..I have to agree with Diane as its one you will cherish for years to come whatever the outcome. Thanks for joining us at the Anything Goes Challenge at Pinque Peacock..
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will cherish all the memories and the good times. She is my heart.

      Delete
  6. This is a wonderful layout, best of luck to you and thanks for joining us over at Pinque Peacock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I am still a newbie and appreciate the feedback.

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous. Good luck to your dog :)
    Thanks for joining the Pinque Peacock challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I love the color palette. It is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your canvas is a piece to be cherished for years to come!! I hope Raj is doing better and the chemo is working. Poor little baby! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Nancy! I will cherish this canvas forever. Thank you for having an awesome blog! I love the 12 tags of Christmas idea! Raj had a rough Saturday but is much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heart breaking to read the story about Raj.... But you have treasured her photo and memory in a fantastic and beautiful way with this awesome LO. Thank you for playing with our challeng at PiXels and Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I see your horse in your picture. Equine medicine is fascinating and challenging! Beautiful horse BTW. Thank you for commenting on my blog Tone-Lill

    ReplyDelete
  13. My very best wishes for Raj! I keep my fingers crossed that the chemo will do the job and you will have some more happy years together!
    Thank you for leaving those lovely comments on our challenge blog! I am glad you found us and look forward to seeing you play with us soon!

    Claudia from SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Claudia! I plan on entering into a challenge soon from your blog. You are very welcome for the comments, it was easy to do because I like your blog and love Steampunk! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Firstly I wish Raj all the best with his treatment. This must be such a difficult time for you both. Secondly I love your interpretation of Linda's tag for this canvas. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Buttons, the hard part was picking a tag to case. All 12 were gorgeous and so unique! Thanks for the support with my girl and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete