Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015!

Hello y'all! We have a new challenge at Mixed Media Mojo! This months theme is NEW and the twist is to use the number 15.

I used a 7x9 canvas as my base. I am trying a NEW technique of white space and the number 15 (in Roman numerals) is how old my baby girl, Raj, was when she passed to the Rainbow Bridge. 

I made the painting drippings by opening my Lindys Stamp Gang sprays and using the piece of plastic attached to the lid as my paintbrush. I then apied Gesso to the flowers and sprayed my flowers with the same LSG sprays and attached those with glue dots and E6000. 


For the chipboard pieces I painted those with black acrylic paint and also Metallic Purple FolkArt paint. I added some of the metallic paint to the sentiment (Dream as if you'll live forever) as well and adhered that using some rope and dimensional foam dots. 

I have wanted to make an inverted paw print of my girl for awhile but was chicken to try just in case I messed up her original paw print. Thankfully everything worked out. I used white polymer clay and pressed it into the mold. I then baked it and painted it with acrylic paints. 


Can you see the texture from her paw? I love it! The wings are dry brushed with the metallic purple paint as well. 

I added the small bone plaque with Raj's name on it last using TH pegs to hang it from the canvas. This is my tribute to my lovely, faithful best friend. Bless her heart and she will never be forgotten. The metal corner pieces I kept raw. 

I hope you enjoyed this process because this piece means more to me than any other. Thanks for stopping by and Carpe Diem! 

This will be shared with the following:

Altered Eclectics-Anything Goes Mixed Media HERE

Rhedd's Creative Spirit-Anything Goes Altered Art/Mixed Media Only HERE




22 comments:

  1. Oh Niki I love it. I love Raj's paw print. How special that is and to make art and include it. Her spirit is definitely with you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine-This was a hard piece to do but it made me deal with some of the emotions I have bottled up. You know what I mean.

      Delete
    2. Oh I totally understand. I have a picture of Spirit and a piece of wood that I want to use as the canvas but I haven't been able to work on it and it has been 3 years! I'm proud of you!

      Delete
    3. Nerve wracking it is. I have faith in you as well Janine and you will know when you are ready to use that piece of wood.

      Delete
  2. What a truly special memorial for such a faithful friend. I think she's wagging her tail happily, wherever she is. I feel honored to have been able to Guest Design with the fabulous MMM team this month. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! Funny you should mention wagging her tail because Raj had a tail that never stopped.

      Delete
  3. This is such a wonderful tribute to Raj, Niki! I love the colors and the transformation of the flowers is gorgeous. I really adore the pawprint. The detail the mold has is amazing. I really want to try the clay technique you used.
    Happy New Year!~kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. If you do a paw print let me know how it goes for ya. I make the original paw prints at work for clients that have lost their furry loved one to the Rainbow Bridge.

      Delete
  4. Niki What a lovely make to remember your much loved Raj with! Thank you for linking up to Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. This piece is near and dear to my heart.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful and very special piece Niki, a wonderful remembrance of your beloved Raj. My heartfelt condolences to you on the loss of your beloved pet, Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Deb. She may be gone but she will never be forgotten. My little shadow, my heart. That is Raj.

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous project,I adore the "paw"
    The colours and embellishing is so lovely.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. Making that paw was a daunting task because I didn't want to ruin the original. So thankful that it worked. Whew!

      Delete
  7. Really sweet project.

    Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

    Kim
    {Craftisan Studios}
    Design Team Showcase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! It was cathartic to say the least and now my friend that lost her precious furry baby wants me to do one for her. :)

      Delete
  8. A fabulous project and a wonderful way to remember Raj - I love the paw print. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel. My hands were shaking when I made the paw print.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely tribute to your lost friend, Raj - the paw print is amazing & I can really feel the love and emotion in this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit - Steffi :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steffi. I am so glad that my emotion came across with this piece. I will always love my baby girl and never forget her.

      Delete
    2. I think a little piece of them stays with us always, and the happy memories :o)

      Delete
    3. More than a little piece, that is for sure.

      Delete