Thursday, September 15, 2016

Vintage Travel Tag

Hello dearies! I hope you are all well and good. We are having cooler weather in my neck of the woods. I miss the 90's and above but most people seem to enjoy the 70's. I spent a little bit of time in my art room to create a new tag for our challenge over at SanDee&Amelie's Steampunk challenge where of theme is Anything Goes Steampunk/Industrial. I haven't created a tag for what seems to be months so thought I would see what happened.
I started with a Kraft tag and added an Andy Skinner stencil with DI.
 Then layered the word panel stamped with an Artistic  Stamper word stamp, heat embossed and crinkled on top of the tag. Then swiped some distress ink over it and around the edges. The metal trinkets were glued with glossy accents. The metal sentiment was adhered with rusty wire and glossy accents. 
I heat embossed the little car with champagne EP and fussy cut it to fit the bottom of the tag. The stamp was a gift from Bubbles aka Pamellia @ mylittlecraftthings. The windows were colored with a black marker.

Hope to see you try your hat at anything Steampunk and be in the draw for some wonderful prizes! Hugz! Carpe Diem!
I would like to share this tag with these challenges:






12 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag, I always love your attention to detail. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, loving the vintage/grungy feel of this tag Niki, the stencilled side and stamped and embossed wording are perfect and I love how you added the old car. The word band attached with the rusty wire is the perfect finishing touch. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Niki, this is spectacular!! The stenciling looks amazing!! I love the wood panel with the embossed text!! The embossed car and the gears are fabulous!! The rusty wire is such a perfect touch!! I love this my friend!! It's grungy, steampunk perfection!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Niki, this fabulous tag has everything I love, from those awesome gears to that rusty wire! Your stenciling is fantastic and I love that Andy's stencil! That wood panel with the embossed text is such a great idea! It's a super cool steampunk tag, my friend! Big hugs to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking tag, beautifully put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantabulous,, Niki!!! Love your neutral palette, and the fabulous details! Keep on making the tags, girl!! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Niki! What a great voyage tag! Reminds me of those days people would come home from long voyages with all kinds of tags attached to their trunks. I like how you challenged yourself to go minimal, I find that hard to do! xx maura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Niki what a great tag,super colours,textures and details.It's perfect for our travel challenge over at Country View. Thanks so much for joining in xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Punkin' this is a wonderful steamy-punky kind of tag with some of my favorite things on it! Love your stenciling-so crisp and perfect. And that "wood" tag looks more like leather to me which I love just a little more than wood, but it's all good! Great text stamp and looks superfine embossed! Lucky you to get that vintage car stamp from Pamellia--it looks great as an embellishment in that vintage embossing powder! This is seriously one of my favorites of yours! big hugs! PS You inspired me to enter my metallic butterfly card in SAASPC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you, long time, no see... sorry. The job/kid/husband thing gets in the way of my cyber-socializing!
    This is so cool. Masculine, but any chick i know would dig it! Love that stencil...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tag ! Thank you for joining our challenge over at Country View!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the subtle neutrals here and that gilded car is spectacular.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete