Monday, February 15, 2016
Altered Rusty Lava Bottle
Well a new chapter has started at SanDee&Amelie's Steampunk Challenge. The theme is "Anything Goes" as long as it has a Steampunk(ish), Industrial, or Vintage feel. I wanted to try making something masculine because I don't remember a time where I made something specifically manly. So, I had a Maker's Mark whisky bottle and the process started. Hiccup!
The label was made from crafters foam (fun foam) and painted with Quinacridone Gold, then a coat of Titanium white antiquing cream and then a layer of of Patina Green Antiquing cream (drying between layers). I used a baby wipe to rub off some of the antiquing creams and then randomly painted some Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide here and there.
A coat of DecoArt Matte Varnish was painted over the labels and some light inking in black was applied to the entire bottle. The side labels were painted the same as the front (and back) and stamped with a different stamp.The picture below is of the side and back of the bottle. Viola!
I would love to share this bottle with these challenges:
I went LOC again.